For the benefit of clients, C-Dot Consultants have developed (and continue to support) many free-to-use Extensions for Foswiki and TWiki, that are released through their respective project websites, including:
Available from C-Dot Consultants
We are also able to offer a number of added value products.
WebDAV for Foswiki
is a standard that allows access to file systems over the World Wide Web, rather like FTP but much more powerful. It is widely supported by a lot of applications such as Excel
. Besides the Microsoft Office suite
, all applications of the LibreOffice
families support WebDAV, as do many other programs such as Corel Draw and Photo Paint.
WebDAV takes your Foswiki to the next level as a document management solution by allowing access to Foswiki attachments and topics using these applications.
- save time - open, edit and save Office files in fewer steps
- prevent duplicates and maintain actuality - no more local downloads, files stay in the central Wiki during editing
- increased wiki acceptance - work with familiar applications
- use office features - better integration of Excel, PowerPoint and Word files
- ease document handling - download, upload, move, delete files easily through Windows Explorer
The Foswiki WebDAV suite comprises
- A full Class 2/3 WebDAV server, which supports all modern web server implementations using mod_perl or FCGI (supported on Apache, Nginx, Lighttpd and IIS) and even has it's own HTTP server if required.
- A Virtual File System for your wiki, which supports viewing wiki topics and attachments as if they were files in a directory tree
- A WebDAV connector module for Foswiki that allows you to edit attached documents in Foswiki directly with any WebDAV-enabled editor.
- respects wiki user permissions
- full revision history
- supports file locking
- compatible with Active Directory and LDAP
The WebDAV module is available now. Contact us for latest pricing and availability.